August 6, 2010

Driven

Dave was given this book for Father's Day from my Mom and Dad, and I selfishly commandeered it so that I could read it. I have read it slowly since then but have had some time to myself this last week and can't put it down.
My impression growing up of Larry H. Miller was that he was everywhere . Everywhere you looked, he owned something. Growing up going to Jazz games, as my Grandparents and Uncle had season tickets, and then my Dad working in the car business, I always heard things about him.
All I can say now, after reading his book, is that he is an incredible man.
A man who was so close to the spirit and loved the gospel, loved the state that he lived in and worked so hard to improve for the people. Even though he worked many hours and was away from his family so much, he loved them and did it all for them.
It was a very inspirational book, one I think everyone should read.
He was a great success, and a great example to do good for his fellow man.

No comments: