June 13, 2008

Save the turtles

Now, I know you don't see this much there in Utah, but down here in the South its a little bit different.

I was on my way to drop the kids off at Bible Camp this morning (that story will come in a different post) and as I was driving I saw something small in the road. A little something inside said not to drive over whatever it was. So I swerved just a little to avoid it. As I passed it, I could have sworn I saw it moving. Sure enough it was a little TURTLE! A TURTLE, can you believe it! I could have crushed a turtle driving down the road. Who would have thunk! Morgan was so distraught thinking this little turtle might get it, because turtle's don't you know, move really slow.

So, I reassured her that I would watch for him on the way back home. That turtle must have been in quite a hurry this morning, because he was nowhere to be found. I was hoping that I would not find a squished turtle, and I suppose Morgan's prayers were answered, he made it safely across!

1 comment:

Mia said...

Yeah hurray for the turtle! Thank goodness he made it across.